TAKING CARE OF YOUR CAR
The COVID-19 Pandemic is restricting our movement, hence, our treasured cars are parked without being driven. Parking a car for too long is not the best, and can lead to some unplanned expenses which we don’t want at this time. So, here are some tips for taking care of your car during this lockdown.
- Park your car under a shed, like a car port or garage to minimise the risk of being covered in moss, dirt or worse rusting.
- While under the shed, leave one of the window slightly open for ventilation. This will avoid the build up of moulds on the dashboard and seats.
- Park your car on a flat surface with the hand brakes off. Hand brakes can become stiff when parked for a long time on an inclined surface.
- Routinely start the car to avoid the battery developing fault. This also enables the engine oil and coolant to circulate around the engine.
- If possible, take the car for a quick drive around to warm up the mechanical and hydraulic system.
Stay Safe! Because tough times don’t last, but tough people do!